We’re excited that you want to intern with 826 Valencia! Come exercise your writing and editing skills, work directly with teachers and students, and gain valuable experience in the many aspects of educational programming and nonprofit administration.
Perks of being an 826 Valencia intern:
- Gain professional development at an exciting educational nonprofit
- Admission to 826 Valencia events, which often feature very cool authors
- 15% discount at the Pirate Store
- Immeasurable joy
We have three internship seasons:
Fall August – December. Applications accepted until all positions are filled
Spring January – May. Applications accepted until all positions are filled
Summer June – August. Applications due April 1
We are now accepting applications for all Winter/Spring 2015 internship tracks.
We are currently hiring for our educational programs internship opportunity. Read below for the details, as well as application instructions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Educational Programs Internship
As an educational programs intern, you will focus on direct student programs, working with students, developing lesson plans, helping out in the process of publishing our students’ writing, and assisting programs staff in the ins and outs of organizing programs and scheduling volunteers.
Along the way you’ll will gain experience in the behind-the-scenes aspects of running a nonprofit. Based on your interest you’ll have the opportunity to learn about fundraising, publicity, events, writing copy, sales, and volunteer management. This could be the perfect internship if you’re interested in a career in education and/or nonprofit management.
- Minimum commitment of 15 hours per week for the duration of the season
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with kids in a professional setting is a plus
- Editing/proofreading experience preferred
- Spanish language skills are desirable
- Experience with design software is a plus!
How to apply to our internships:
To apply to this internship opportunity, please send us your current resume (with two references) that reflects any relevant experiences and skills as well as a cover letter that explains what you will bring to the position and what you hope to gain as an intern.
All materials should be sent via email to Volunteer and Intern Engagement Manager, Olivia White Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still interested in learning more? Read what previous interns have said about working at 826 Valencia.